Sunday, February 8, 2009

8 Years

In 2001, I packed up a HUGE 50lb bag (most important travel rule I learned - pack 1/2 of what you think you need and bring 2x as much money) and moved to Sydney, Australia for 4 months. I thought I would live off the land, hang out at the beach, maybe work at a bar and just enjoy not doing a 9-5 job. I was 27 and thought - this is the life!

HOWEVER, I found out very soon that I actually do like having a 9-5 job, living off the land isn't THAT fun and you really can't go to the beach everyday. Good life lessons!

During the last few weeks of my trip, Suzanne and I (Suzanne was my wonderful travel partner) went to Sydney's version of Napa Valley. I purchased a bottle of wine at the winery Tyrrell's that suggested aging it for 7-8 years prior to opening.

Suzanne came to visit last weekend from Denver and after 8 years, 6 moves, 2 cities, a marriage and a baby - I FINALLY opened the bottle. It was worth the wait, tasted pretty good and was so nice to celebrate life.


Suzanne opening the bottle, the cork was not cooperating


We had to strain it, yummy! CHEERS!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

How neat! What an experience you were able to have in Australia!